Our “Does Your Group Have the X-Factor” series is based on five expectations of a Sunday School or small group. There is no question that the most difficult expectation of a group is multiplication – starting a new group. Although it is the hardest thing for a group to do, starting a new group is the most exponential of the expectations of a new group. In the brief video below, I will share some thoughts to help your group successfully start a new group.
Here are some questions to stimulate some thought and discussion for you and your group.
- How long has it been since your group has started a new group?
- Pray and ask God to give you direction regarding someone in your group who might consider starting a new group.
- What are some ideas that might help you and your group start a new group?
- Ask members of your group to consider serving as “starters” for a new group.
- Just for fun: dream about how many groups your group could start in one year. What would you have to do make that dream a reality?