It’s time to begin planning what you are going to do this fall for your Sunday School and small groups. What are you going to do to get them going, to energize and synergize your groups so that you are moving forward rather than stalling out? One of the best ways to do this is through a campaign of some type.
Campaigns offer some unique opportunities for the local church, especially if the campaign is interegrated through the church’s small group organization. Some of these opportunities include:
- A central focus. Campaigns serve to get the entire church focused on something specific. There is something powerful that happens when everyone in the church is studying the same Scripture passages, memorizing the same verses, and focusing on a specific theme.
- Because of the focus, a campaign has the potential to change the trajectory of the local church.
- Synergy. Because it is designed to focus the church, campaigns also offer the opportunity to involve everyone in the church, creating synergy.
- Measureable outcome. Due to their shorter length (usually 4-7 weeks), it is easier to obtain and measure the results of a campaign.
- A bulls-eye. Due to the shorter length, it is easier to define and describe the target to the church family.
- Buy-in. Also due to the shorter length of a campaign, it is easier to get people to buy-in. For instance, if you are trying to get more people engaged in small groups, it is easier to get someone to try out a group for 6 weeks than it is to ask them to commit to a group for the rest of their life. The opt-out makes the buy-in easier.
We have a number of Sunday School-driven campaigns available through the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma. These campaigns are part of our “PowerUP” series. In fact, we have had over 2,000 churches nationwide conduct a PowerUP campaign.
PowerUP campaigns are a little different from many other campaigns in that we don’t ask you to change your curriculum for 6 weeks. PowerUP is focused more on strategy and mission than curriculum design. Each of our three PowerUP campaigns also includes an easy to use, step-by-step guide for the pastor. It’s designed like a weekly to-do list, so that each week the pastor and church leaders know what to do during the week and what to emphasize each Sunday. PowerUP campaigns are generic so that you don’t have to yell “Boomer Sooner” in order to do the campaign!!
We’re offering a special on PowerUP campaigns right now. Our usual price for one of these campaigns is $25. Now you can order any of our PowerUP campaigns for $10, or you can order the bundle and receive all three campaigns for $25.
PowerUP Your Sunday School – Our most basic and most popular campaign. If your Sunday School needs a jump start, this one is for you.
PowerUP Your Life – Is your Sunday School disorganized? PowerUP Your Life is designed to get each class or group organized for ministry and outreach in just 7 weeks.
PowerUP Your Life – Do you want to get your group involved in missions? PowerUP Your World is an 8 week campaign that involves getting your groups on mission through mission projects.
If you are interested in any of these campaigns, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to send you what you need.