Yesterday, we had 259 churches partner together to equip and encourage their Sunday School and Small Group leaders. The early results from these churches are incredibly encouraging. I have had several emails and a couple of phone calls from pastors and education ministers who saw their people recognize that their Sunday School/small group is not just a program or a ministry… it is an evangelism/discipleship strategy that involves the entire church.
About 45% of the churches tuned in live for the simulcast with Dr. Johnny Hunt from Woodstock, Georgia. The other 55% used a prerecorded DVD of Johnny’s message, “The Prominence of Sunday School”.
Also included in One Day are 84 seminars designed to equip small group leaders. The variety of seminars allows churches to customize the training for their particular context.
We will know later this week how many people were equipped through One Day, but we are having a tremendous response so far as evaluations from the churches are received. There has been a tremendous response to knowing that while you are involved in small group training in your church, there are also thousands of small group and Sunday School leaders doing the same thing at the same time.