We have a multitude of opportunities to share the Gospel across the street and around the world. The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions is one way of supporting missions. But there are more ways that you can be personally involved in missions personally and through your small group. Let me share five quick suggestions:
1. Adopt an Unreached People Group – Project 6426 is an effort we are taking to involve Oklahoma Sunday School classes and small groups to adopt an unreached people group for one year.
2. Class Mission Projects – I personally believe that every class or small group should organize itself to do an intensive mission project every year.
3. Personal Mission Trips – If you have not been on a mission trip recently (5 years), it is time to go. If your church does not have an international trip planned, the BGCO may be able to help you go with another church group.
4. Disaster Relief – If you really want to get your hands dirty, get trained to be a Disaster Relief volunteer. I’m a DR volunteer myself. DR may well be one of the best things that we Baptists do in missions and evangelism worldwide. Contact the disaster relief office at the BGCO for more info.
5. Go across the street – Missions begins at home. Invite a neighbor to your class or small group. This gets easier if your group is actually involved in missions (see class mission project) because it is easier to invite friends to your group if you actually do something!