Today's activity – discover a Sunday School leader in the preschool/children's area and adopt them into your group.
I think that the people that serve in the preschool and children's Sunday School classes are among the most overlooked and underappreciated leaders in the church family. They serve in this area because they love children and they have a calling to be Bible teachers and leaders to our kids. Unfortunately, they are often forgotten by adult classes. The end result is that many of these teachers miss adult fellowship and adult Bible study, which they still need!
Your challenge today is to discover one of these treasured saints and adopt them into your class. Your group may already have some folks who have left your class to serve in the children's area. Make sure you are staying in contact with them. Here are some things that an adult group can do to minister to teachers in the children's Sunday School:
- Make sure you include them in your care ministry and that they receive regular phone calls;
- Take their picture and display their name, picture, and class they teach. You might have one part of your room that says "Sunday School Missionaries" and put pictures there of all of the workers who relate to your class;
- Remember to invite them to class fellowships;
- Ask if one of your class members can substitute for them once a quarter so that the children's teacher can have some "adult" class time occasionally;
- Send them a card signed by the whole class and thank them for their ministry and let them know you pray for them;
- Pray for these workers each time your group gets together.