If you live in the central Oklahoma area, I want to encourage you to put the Oklahoma Groups Summit on your calendar. The Summit is from 6:30-8:30 on Thursday, April 5 at Quail Springs Baptist Church in Oklahoma City.
With the BACE Conference here over those same dates, we organized a team of education ministers to put together a conference for Sunday School and small group leaders who live in the central Oklahoma area. Our thought was that with so many quality national leaders of the small group movement here for BACE, why not engage them to bring their expertise and love for small groups to our teachers and group leaders. So here we are…
I had some high hopes for this conference, but I think it is going to exceed my expectations! Here are some of the details:
Ron Edmondson. Ron came out of the business world in mid-life because he felt called to plant a church. He did, then he planted another one. Now, he is revitalizing Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky. Ron is an inspirer, so come ready to be inspired by what God has to say through Ron.
Randy and Lauren Faram. The Faram’s serve Edmond’s First Baptist; Randy as the student pastor, and Lauren as the worship leader for the modern worship service. Get ready and have your heart prepared to worship our Lord and Savior as we sing our praises to Him.
We have over 20 (22 I think) breakout sessions after the general session with Ron and the Farams. Let me showcase a couple of them.
- Chuck Lawless. Of all my seminary professors, Dr. Lawless is at the top. He challenged me not just intellectually, but spiritually.
- Rick Howerton. Rick has been at the tip of the spear of the small group, especially the home group movement for years. Rick has a dream of a biblically-based home group in every nation in America.
- Michael Kelley. Michael is one of the young, emerging leaders at LifeWay. He gets church, and he gets pastors… which is why he is leading the pastor breakout session.
- Tom McCormick. Tom is the Discipleship/Groups pastor at Hope Church in Las Vegas. We had Tom enlisted before the tragic shooting in Vegas, and Hope Church was right in the lead in ministering to the people who were harmed at that tragedy.
- Childhood Track – Mark Jones has put together a fantastic childhood track, featuring Stephanie Chase of Houston’s Champion Forest, and Dr. Donna Peavey of New Orleans Seminary.
- Student Track – Jeff DeGiacomo, Dan Elkins, and Mark Cole. That’s a superb faculty for student small group leaders.
- LifeWay Summer Curriculum Overview – Dr. Scott Pace, Dr. Bobby Kelly, and Dr. Dwayne McCrary are providing an overview of LifeWay’s Bible study curriculums; Explore the Bible, Bible Studies for Life, and The Gospel Project.
- PLUS many more, so click here to see the promo handout.
Many of you will be leaving from work or home and won’t have time to eat, so we will have free food in the fellowship area at Quail Springs Baptist Church.
Touch base with your church’s Sunday School Director or Pastor. We are encouraging you to register with your home church. Your home church will give us the total registration no later than March 26 so that we can be adequately prepared.
Registration Fee: Because of the healthy participation of Oklahoma Baptists through both the Cooperative Program and the State Missions Offering, there is no charge to participate in the Groups Summit.
Quail Springs Baptist Church
Thursday, April 5, 6:30-8:30
Meal and Doors open at 5:30